24.10.11

The Boy Scout´s dinner.

I have the reputation of squirrelling away food, and I guess it´s true. There´s nothing I like better than knowing that my bases are covered in case of almost any culinary emergency. This leads to groaning pantry shelves and a freezer that is sometimes hard to negotiate. Also, I have been known to hold on to things for so long that by the time we eat them the expiry dates are archaeological.

But anyway, it really is so worth it when, for example, you are returning from a weekend away, and need a warm, homely, comforting meal but you don´t really want to cook.


Here´s what we had yesterday, after two days of dragging two little children around Edinburgh:


Tomato soup, from the freezer.


Toasted cheese sandwiches, with onion jam from the fridge.


Salad with this vinaigrette, also in the fridge.


Be Prepared, is all I´m saying.


No hay comentarios:

Share