19.10.07

Presents


One of the nicest things that can happen is to get peresents by post. Especially if you weren´t expecting them.
Lately I´ve been so lucky as to be given a copy of what looks like becoming one of my favourite books, "Into the Vietnamese kitchen" and the so beautiful "Paris" by Sasek. I´ll post about these later because it´s a long story, and also, I´ve been cooking from the Viet book, so there´s much to tell.
Today, out of the blue, I received a package from Chicago with the book "Dinner party diasters" by Annaliese Soros. The flyleaf blurb begins with " what do you do when the lobsters in your lobster bake pull a crustacean Houdini and escape into the ocean?". Clearly I just had to have this book. Thanks, Edu, I owe you bigtime.
I´m off now. I have to stock up on pork ribs, and read some stuff, and catch up on some sleep too.

4 comentarios:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

Gifts of cookbooks are the most fun. In fact, I've just written a post about that for next week, so we are thinking the same thing -- how lucky we are to have friends who send cookbooks!

lobstersquad dijo...

lydia: aren´t we the luckiest, really, cookbooks in the post, the best thing ever

xps dijo...

Desde luego edu es un sol en habrte mandado esa locura desde chicago (illinois)

Anónimo dijo...

Thsi drawing is a GIFT!
merci

Share