16.3.07

Asparagus, take one.


Forgive me for going off on a sort of Julie-Andrews-as-Fräulein-Maria two skips and a twirl.
I can´t help it. Spring is here!
I know, the astronomical will take a few days yet, and the trees haven´t quite woken up. But the asparagus have arrived. Lovely fat green spears, tied in bunches, going for only €1.20 the bunch! O my. And, better yet, the thin ones, sitting in an untidy heap in a box, practically given away at €2.80 the kilo!!!
For a while now it´s going to be asparagus every day, I can tell.
I´m much too caught up in the joy of the moment to do more than steam them and dip them in my so-delicious vinaigrette. Time enough for soups and risottos and quiches and quesadillas.

6 comentarios:

Rachel dijo...

Ooh, we've been loving the asparagus too! Roasted and we made a shrimp/asparagus quesadilla that was wonderful.

tammy dijo...

I've been roasting them quite simply and divinely, too. Not sure where they're flying them in from, though. Spain?

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

We are still a month or so away from fresh asparagus season (in fact, it's snowing quite a lot today....), so I am completely jealous! Can't wait to read some of your new crop of asparagus recipes.

xps dijo...

Vinagreta, mayonesa o tártara, que me encanta mucho.

Lisa dijo...

I've never acquired a taste for asparagus, but your blog makes me feel I should rethink this food. Lovely illustration, btw.

Sonya dijo...

I felt exactly the same way when I saw asparagus last week. First recipe of the season: pasta topped with sun dried tomatoes, asparagus, crumbled chevre, and fresh parsley.

Share